eCommerce has become the new buzzword and in a nutshell, it means to sell products online.
If you have a hobby, make furniture, make clothes or even if you’re an artist – you can sell your products online.
To setup an online store does not necessarily mean that you have to carry stock. You can become an agent for a product or products and re-sell it on your online store.
For example: I am a reseller of educational products and I sell it on my site. (Click on the image to view the site)
I don’t carry any stock for this online eCommerce venture and receive 20% of all the sales I generate.
Setting up an eCommerce shop takes some know-how and it would be better to make use of an expert to help you set up your eCommerce store.
What do you need?
- Domain Name
- Website with an eCommerce System Installed
- Membership with a Payment Gateway. I make use of Payfast which is a great South African Payment Gateway.
- Products or an Re-seller agreement
- Images of products
- Products descriptions
- Prices of the products
What will it cost?
Freelance Express offers this service for a Once off fee of R2500.
- Domain Name Registration
- Hosting for 1 Year
- Creating website
- Submitting to major search engines
- Adding of 25 products
- Setting up of the payment gateway
- R600 Online Marketing Voucher
Click here to read more about eCommerce